If you haven’t this across it yet, it is well worth a look. Jenson Harrison is the Lead Program Manager on Microsoft Office. It gives the inside line on how the new UI will work in Vista.
For help authors this enables us to get a headstart with our thinking on how we will deliver help.
Posts of note for help are:
- Need Some Help with That – Disucssing the Help icon.
- Super Tooltips – Discussing Help in tooltips
- Obscure Options, Meet Super Tooltips – More supertooltips.
- Help Is For Experts – Discussion on who reads help.
- Rich Menus – Discussing verbose menu help text and icons.