Pictured on the right, using a screen portrait of course, is my current setup for producing help with Flare. After experimenting with a few different models, this seem to be the most productive for me. It is achieved as follows:
- Open Flare.
- Open a project.
- Click the Primary tab title to select it.
- Select Window | Floating, to float the Primary toc.
- Drag the Primary Toc over the left pane, likely to be the content explorer.
- Drop it on the the right arrow which appears to tile it on the right.
- Ensure Document Dock is on via the Window menu.
- Open a topic, which will open in the document dock.
- Drag the document dock to the right and drop it onto the left arrow that appears over the start page so the at tiles to the left.
You can now view the Content Explorer (for direct access to the files), the Primary TOC to manage the help and edit in the Document Dock.
Additionally you can sent topics to the far right pane by pressing shift control-D.
Let me know if you agree, but for me this is a very productive workspace which minimises both navigation and page sawpping.