In this article we take things up a notch. This enters the realm of the real tech tip. If you want your authoring tool to do everything for you and don’t want to delve into CSS, XML and XSL then maybe you should move onto the next post.
Those still reading, lets roll our sleves up and have a look under the hood. The aim of todays article to to produce a high quality pdf document that has at least the following features:
- Front Matter
- Graphical Front and Back page
- Table of Contents for the book
- Separate Chapters
- Mini Table of Contents for each Chapter
- Chapter name in the header
- Clickable links from Table of Contents to relevant section
- Marginalia (notes, references, notifiers)
- Full Bookmark tree.
- Odd/Even Pages
- Odd/Even Headers and Footers
Bit of a tall order, maybe. But with the following technology you can achieve this from your Flare source files. Once setup you can then generate it at the click of a button.