In this post, we return to some more nuts and bolts issues regarding Flare and HTMLHelp.
Flare current provides the majority of HTMLHelp settings, and does this in a much more flexible way that HTMLHelp workshop does. Particularly useful are the WYSIWYG help window size and potitioning.
However, there are some advanced HTMLHelp settings (such as advanced help, or remembering the users last help settings) that are not currently available. Until these make it into the software you can still access these features by employing HTMLHelp workshop (which can be downloaded free from microsoft).
- Once you have finalised your help project.
- Generate the HTMLHELP output.
Open the PROJECT\Output\USER\Temporary\Microsoft HTML Help\Content\_Temp.hhp in HTMLHelp Workshop.
- Click the Add/Modify Window Definitions button.
- Use the Window types dialog to make your advanced settings.
- The Navigation tab enables you to specify the Advanced search.
- The Positoin tab enables you to specify to save the users window position for help.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Generate the help in HTMLHelp Workshop.
- You can then access your enhanced HTMLHelp .chm in the PROJECT\Output\USER\Temporary\Microsoft HTML Help\Content folder.